Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"How you coming on those 500 hours, aw2pp?"

Not so good. Practice, especially over the last three weeks, has really dropped off. Not because I am losing interest... hardly. I bemoan the fact that I can only get on the piano every other day or so, and even then, for only a few minutes at a time. And unlike back in March, I haven't had much time over the weekends to make up for what I am not getting during the week.

At the current rate, I will put in about half of the 500 practice hours I had set as a goal for this year. I'm going to have to pick it up.

The solution, as many of you know, and as some of you have pointed out, is to practice after the kids have gone to bed. This requires either a digital or a new upright with a good practice pedal. This practice pedal concept is a new one for me, and I would be interested in hearing if it actually works for any of you.

No comments: