Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jillian's Lessons start Monday at 6:30

As much as we would have liked to get started in the Suzuki method, the thought of fighting rush hour traffic for an extra 25 minutes each way was too much to overcome. So our new teacher, a woman who attends our church and lives 1.7 miles away, has taken on Jillian as her newest student. Our new Piano Teacher (henceforth, PT) has, including Jillian, 35 students under her care. She teaches 30 minute lessons continuously, 3:00 - 8:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, and had only three openings. (I think a couple of her advanced students sit for more than 30 minutes... that, or she mixes in breaks periodically.) Jillian's weekly slot is Monday at 6:30 PM. We're very excited.

At this point, I am not considering signing on as student #36. We'll see how it goes with me sitting in on Jillian's lessons first. I still think, at some point, I am going to have to get my own teacher. Sue says the same thing every time she comes over to the piano and watches me attempt some unnatural jump. Now is just not the time.

2 comments:

Michelle Himes said...

What about Jason?

AnthonyB said...

I hope the lesson went well for Jillian and we get a report on it if possible. :)