Thursday, January 22, 2009

And we're off!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. After the first full day of joblessness*, here are the stats:

- 1 interview in the books
- 1 2nd interview scheduled for next week
- 1 recruiter conversation down, another scheduled
- 10 applications dropped onto customer career portals
- 2 rejections already tendered (thanks anyway CNA and HSBC)
- 0 minutes of piano playing

* - Technically, I am not jobless. I remain employed by IBM for another month. But you know what I mean.

At this point, there is already a front-runner in the "Where will Aw2pp be employed on February 24?" Sweepstakes. Not much else to say on that yet; let's see where it shakes out. But two things are clear:

1. My time with IBM is over... IBM ain't hiring, and they may not be done reducing headcount.
2. Otherwise, the market is not the desolate wasteland that I had feared. There are opportunities out there.

More later.

No comments: