- January, 2007 - We make the decision to build a new house.
- November, 2007 - Having sold our house, we move in with Sue's folks while the new one is being built. They have an ancient piano. I tinker.
- December, 2007 - I visit Susie, Official Twin Sister of Aw2pp. Her son Jacob has Guitar Hero, which, strangely, increases my interest in all things musical.
- January, 2008 - Jillian starts lessons. I decide she needs help. She didn't, but that's incidental.
- February, 2008 - I buy my own lesson book, and away I go.
A couple months later, my mom (Gramma MA, a frequent visitor and commenter here these days) came to visit. She'd played piano when she was younger, but not in the last 20 years or so. She was very interested in my progress, and eventually played some things on her own. She (and to a lesser extent, I) was surprised at how naturally it all came back to her. I described it here: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/2008/04/hey-i-was-right-that-was-interesting.html
So where are we now?
- Jillian is in piano lessons, as you know.
- I go to those, and may start as well.
- Susie, Official Twin Sister of Aw2pp, bought a digital piano for Cousin Jacob.
- Jacob now takes in piano lessons.
- As of last week, Susie also has started piano lessons.
- Gramma MA is starting to play again, and may herself buy a digital piano soon.
- Jason, the World's Largest Kindergartner, will start lessons next fall.
- Aw2pp, who's wife is immune to whatever fever the rest of us contracted