The good news:
- For 2008, I met my target quota.
- My company (IBM) surpassed Wall Street expectations, and issued strong guidance for 2009. Stock is up $9 today.
- For 2009, I have a healthy pipeline in my accounts, and I am well-positioned to continue, if not extend my 2008 success. Strong words in this economy.
The bad news:
- None of the above was positive enough to keep me and many hundreds of my colleagues from losing their jobs. I (we) have until February 23 to find new jobs within IBM, or accept IBM's gracious severance package, and some well-wishes.
Bummer. I'm not happy about this.
I'll keep you updated. For now, I have already applied for 9 openings I found at my customers, working on projects whose underlying software I was instrumental in selling. That could be interesting.
- Aw2pp, who might have quite a bit of free time on his hands soon