Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm back, but not really

Hi. It's been awhile. Since last time, I spent an afternoon at DFW, flew home, loaded up a rented minivan, and drove an 1,800 mile round trip with my 6 year-old daughter, 5 year-old son, and 1 year-old daughter. We stopped in Nashville for a short vacation with my mom, who had flown in from Houston. We spent a couple days with my dad in Montgomery. And through it all, I neither touched my computer, nor a piano.

We are all glad to be back, but none of us is gladder than Sue, now 8 months pregnant. She survived the road trip, but as soon as we got home, she crashed for several hours. This suggested to me that she was going through more, um, discomfort than she was letting on. I mentioned to Discopalace that she is clearly ready to never be pregnant anymore. He had a very appropriate response, one which I wish I'd thought of: "I feel the same way."

My dad has a 31 key unweighted Yamaha keyboard, on which we all tinkered here and there. The stand brings it up to about the height of my knee. After a day or two, I got to the point to where I could render The Entertainer, but it was no fun for me. Jillian liked the variety of sounds.

Now that I am back, you'd think I'd head straight for Ole Bessie, but really, there is no time for that this week. Lots of catching up with work, and summertime kid activities. This means two things... first, I will be making no progress on Amazing Grace. Second, I won't have much to post here. I was working on a long, geeky post on the airplane ride back from Dallas... maybe I'll clean that up and post it later in the week.

No comments: