Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Progress update... entering the Home Stretch of Alfred's Book One

Over the last two or three weeks, here are the things I have been working on in Alfred's:
  • O Sole Mio
  • Greensleeves
  • The Stranger (still my favorite piece of the book so far)
  • Jericho
  • Go Down Moses

I am pleased enough with my progress on these to begin Scarborough Fair this week. On first glance, I don't think it looks too daunting. The end of this book is in sight, with the following caveats:

1. The last two pieces (The Entertainer and Amazing Grace) are supposed to be real killers.
2. When I am done with those, I am going to spend quite a bit of time reviewing Book One pieces before starting Book Two.

I figure I will stay on Book One for at least another two months, which would put us near moving time. If this plan holds to form, I'll start Book Two after the move.

No comments: