Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jillian's Recital Piece

Here is Jillian's performance. We missed her introduction, and you'll see at the end that she left her music up on the piano when she was done. (She wasn't the only one to do this, as it turned out.)

mom3gram, you might be interested in knowing that she played this out of Alfred's Book One. My understanding is that you are beyond this. In retrospect, this piece may have been a little too far up the difficulty scale for Jillian. This would have mattered less had she practiced it more, but as I mentioned before to you, this piece became tiresome for Jillian. I believe she may have been frustrated by its difficulty, but who knows? Although she struggled, I particularly admire her determination to hit that last note correctly, after two failed tries. She got it on the third!




- Aw2pp, Proud Piano Dad

1 comment:

Michelle Himes said...

Wow! I'm impressed that she can play this, even it isn't perfect. I still have trouble with this one sometimes. You both did great for your first recital.

BTW, I'm up to Chiapanecas now, so I'm s_l_o_w_l_y getting there.

mom3gram