Wednesday, February 18, 2009

3 interviews queued up

You throw enough gunk at the wall, eventually something will stick.

I have three interviews lined up at the moment. The first is tomorrow morning at 9 AM. This position is an internal IBM job, as a sales rep for... something. Nobody seems to know what this particular job is supposed to be selling. But the hiring manager wants to talk to me about it, and who am I to say no to that?

Then, tomorrow afternoon, a small BPM vendor wants to talk.

Finally, Monday afternoon (you know, the day which is supposed to be my last day at IBM, unless I score something else in the meantime), I meet with our #1 competitor. The person I meet with, in fact, has been involved in some of the opportunities I have won against this competitor in the last year. When I had my initial phone interview with him yesterday, at one point he said something along the lines of this: "Oh, you were the one who worked that opportunity? Yeah, we were surprised to lose it."

Applications: 110
Rejections: 20
Interviews: 7
Offers: 0

- Aw2pp, who still has to write the names of notes that are more than a line above or below the staff. Then again, who among us doesn't?

No comments: