- Sue, our four children (ages 7, 6, 3, and 1) , and I drove both legs (Illinois-Texas and Texas-Illinois) without stopping. Going there, 18 hours. Coming back, 16.5 hours. Without stopping. It was exhausting.
- Rowan (the 3 year-old) got sick on the way down and threw up.
- Joey and I got sick while we were in Houston and, uh, yeah, we'll leave those details out. Not good times. We're still fighting it.
- Jason's turn was on the way home. Twice.
- We had a great time and wouldn't do anything differently. Saw lots of friends (hello, Moriartys, hello Hylands), got lots of good family time in, even played outside. In January. Can you believe it? (You see, the joke is that we live in Illinois, see, and it is 6 degrees outside right now, see, and in Houston... oh, never mind.)
So it's all good, we're recovering, and I'll have some pics for you this week. Maybe some recordings and observations on a couple of pianos I played over the holidays. I'm also looking into LizziePug's question about I Giorni.
- Aw2pp, whose road stamina would frighten you.